South America preparation Part II


It's been such a busy time, full of work, projects and exams, that I didn't realize how fast the time went by.
It feels like yesterday that I got my acceptance letter and that I booked my flight. And now its just 15 days left- okay, just 13, but I took that screenshot two days ago. Anyways, time flies by and the only thing I have to do is to wait until I take my seat in the plane to fly across the world. Holy Shit. South America, thats a totally new territory for me. It is not the first time for me to move abroad. Three years ago I set my feet for the first time on north American ground and lived as an Au-Pair in San Fracnsico. But you cannot compare the North and the South.

I organized a room in Buenos Aires by using the website Buenos Aires Craig List. The thing about flat sharing in Buenos Aires is, that there is basically no flat sharing. Most of the Argentinian students live at home or rent a little apartment. But after some research I found out about houses in the city that are only rented by international students. Everyone has their own room, but you share bathroom, common room and kitchen. Most of these houses can be used by around 10 to 15 people. Sometime you have to pay a bit in advance as a reservation fee, but you need to be careful and be sure, that the offer is serious.
Also I searched for someone who wants to rent my apartment. It took me three weeks to find someone and finally I got the contract signed. No worries about finding a flat and subleasing mine.

I am really excited about my time abroad and I have to say, I have actually no clue about life in south America. Like I always do I spend hours on the internet googling about different countries and traveling but as I found out in South East Asia.
It is never as you thought it would be.

I keep you updated!


Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 Kommentare:

  1. Guten Flug und eine schöne Zeit in Argentinien!

    ReplyDelete